Rice Student Health Services provides preventive and outpatient clinical care for the students of Rice University. Student Health is located on-campus and is dedicated to meeting the unique needs of undergraduate and graduate students, with an emphasis on prevention. We see all students regardless of their insurance. Appointments are included in student fees. Additional charges for labs, vaccines, etc. may be paid via cash or credit card.
COVID Vaccines - We have completed our spring vaccine clinics on site. However, there are many locations offering vaccines in Houston. You can use the site www.vaccines.gov to find a location for a FREE COVID VACCINE. Many pharmacies including CVS, Walgreens and HEB have vaccines available.
COVID Testing - If you need PCR testing for follow up or symptoms, many locations are nearby.
- https://houstonemergency.org/covid-19-testing/ - FREE with 4-5 day turnaround
- CVS.com - schedule online and use your insurance for a PCR test. Cost subject to insurance. Turnaround generally 1-2 days
- Next Level Urgent Care - https://www.nextlevelurgentcare.com/covid-19-testing/ - Use your insurance (or $295 cash). Turnaround times 1-5 days for PCR
- Walgreens - www.walgreens.com - multiple locations for PCR testing - log in to schedule. Use your insurance. Turnaround varies.
- AFC Urgent Care - 713-766-3771 - 5568 Weslayan - $134 for visit and PCR test or use your insurance.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
closed for lunch 12:00-12:30 daily.
Monday - Wednesday
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*during the summer, the receptionist is available Monday through Friday for phone calls.
Phone: (713) 348-4966
Fax: (713) 348-5427
Note: This email address is for general administrative purposes only. It may not be used to ask a medical questions, set up an appointment, or to request advice.