Health Data Form
ALL new undergraduate students and graduate students, including business school students, are required to submit a properly completed Health Data Form (HDF) to Student Health. All students under the age of 22 years, regardless of classification, must provide documentation of vaccination against meningococcal disease. Complete tuberculosis screening requirements are also listed on the student Health Data Form. Students are also required to have two MMR vaccines. Although not required, the TdAP and Meningitis B vaccines are highly recommended.
If you are a returning student and have been away from Rice LESS than one year, you may use your original health data form. This includes graduate students transitioning from a Rice undergraduate degree. You may need to update vaccines, so please contact us to review your forms.
Downloading the HDF
The HDF may be downloaded in PDF format. The 2021 form is now available and can be found by clicking the link below to download the form. Completed forms should be mailed to the address on the form. EMAIL NOT ACCEPTED. If you have completed your COVID-19 vaccine, please attach a copy with your Health Data Form.
Upload your file You will need your net ID to do this. Please name your file as your student ID and last name. example S000000001JOHNSON. This is only for unusual circumstances. Mailed forms will be processed first. Uploaded forms will be processed later in the summer. Please do not mail and upload as this produces double work for our staff. You must include the ENTIRE form on your upload and be certain every page has your name on it.
- The form must be completed and submitted by the due date.
- Undergraduate students - June 1st (December 1st for the Spring Semester)
- MBA - July 1st
- Graduate students - July 1st (December 1st for the Spring Semester)
- IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO MEET THE DEADLINE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR FORMS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO EMAIL US FOR AN EXTENSION. Housing and Registration will be permitted once all forms are completed.
- A properly completed Health Data form is required for registration for classes.
- All new students (including transfers), and students returning from a leave of absence, must provide documentation of meningococcal ACYW vaccination. This Texas state law applies to all students under the age of 22 years of age regardless of classification (e.g., part-time, full time). A student who is delinquent in this requirement will not be permitted to move on-campus, register, or attend classes. More information on the law (including exemptions to immunization requirements) can be found at the Texas Department of State Health Services website. A second meningococcal immunization is now required if the first was done before age 16 years (CDC Jan 2011).
- All new students must also have two MMR vaccines.
- A child or student who has not received the required immunizations for reasons of conscience, including religious beliefs, may be excluded from school in times of emergency or epidemic
- The HDF cannot be completed by Student Health at Rice.
- The physical exam must be within 1 year prior to the first day of classes, and must be recorded on the Rice Student Health Data Form (HDF).
- Student Health cannot provide immunizations for entering students.
- Undergraduate students are notified by Dean of Undergraduates Office regarding the HDF (and other forms and deadlines required by the university). For graduate students the HDF is either mailed by the department, or the department notifies the student about the health data form, how it may be downloaded, and the deadline for submission.
- Double check that all of the required elements (immunizations and physical exam sections) are PROPERLY completed and signed by your health care provider.
- If there is a delay in your submission of the Health Data Form please do not become upset with the staff at Student Health. It is your responsibility to make sure the HDF is completed properly and submitted in a timely fashion.
- It is generally a good idea to make a copy of the HDF (in case it gets lost in the mail).
Checking your Health Data Form or Vaccine Hold
- Login to ESTHER
- Select "Student Services & Account Information"
- Select "Student Records & Account Information"
- Select "View Holds"
- Confirm that there isn't a ME - Student Health Services Hold or a VA - Vaccination Hold. The ME hold means your Health Data Form has not been received or it's incomplete. The VA hold means proof of your meningococcal meningitis vaccination has not been received.
If you have other holds on your account, consult the Office of the Registrar's information on various account holds. Please note that all new students have an "Honor Code Affirmed" hold on their account that will be resolved during orientation.
Please allow time for your forms to arrive in the mail and then add 3 or more business days (more during peak times) prior to checking on hold status.
Before contacting our office with questions regarding the Health Data Form, please review the frequently asked questions.