Offsite Care and Pharmacies
For on-campus emergencies, please call ext. 6000.
Note: the listings below do not constitute an endorsement. The clinics, pharmacies and hospitals presented have no contractual, or any other type of, relationship with Rice University or the physicians at Student Health.
- Methodist Emergency Center
2615 Southwest Freeway #140
- Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin Street
- Memorial Hermann Emergency Room
6411 Fannin Street
- St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital
6720 Bertner Ave.
- Signature Care ER
1007 Westheimer (Montrose)
- Hermann Hospital
6411 Fannin Street
Level I trauma center, across the street from Rice; Nearest Life Flight station
- Ben Taub
1504 Taub Loop
County Hospital with a Level I trauma center
- Next Level Urgent Care
- Baylor Family Medicine Express Care Center
6620 Main St., 12th Floor, Suite 1250
Check your network. This is a multi-specialty clinic with physicians, radiology, a lab, and a pharmacy.
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
2727 W. Holcombe
Open M-F from 8 am - 5 pm.
- Methodist Primary Care Clinic
6550 Fannin Street, 11th Floor Smith Tower
- AFC Urgent Care
- Memorial Hermann Urgent Care
3501 W Holcombe 713-814-2680
- Planned Parenthood 1.800.230.PLAN www.ppgulfcoast.org/book
Closest location to Rice - Prevention Park 4600 Gulf Freeway (5 miles)
- Ben Taub Teen Clinic https://www.bcm.edu/healthcare/care-centers/teen-health-clinic (free STI testing ages 18-23)
Local Pharmacies - Please contact your Member Services number on your insurance card to confirm which pharmacy is IN NETWORK prior to going to the pharmacy
Main @ Kirby
Kirby @ Bolsover
- Walgreen's Medical Center (Rainbow Bldg.) - open Monday thru Friday - walking distance (across the street from Lovett College)
Montrose @ Hawthorne
Free delivery service available
- St. Luke's
8500 Main St.
7747 Kirby Drive
- Scurlock Tower Pharmacy
Browse the American Dental Association directory to find an ADA member dentist in your area. For more information on specific dental concerns, visit this A-Z glossary brought to you by the American Dental Association.
Use the Greater Houston Dental Society’s list for licensed dentists in the Houston Area. You'll want to contact the dentist's office directly to determine cost for services. You may qualify for assistance if you can prove you are a full time student.