ALL new undergraduate students and graduate students, including business school students, are required to submit a properly completed Health Data Form (HDF) to Student Health. All students under the age of 22 years, regardless of classification, must provide documentation of vaccination against meningococaal disease.
Downloading the HDF
The HDF may be downloaded in PDF format. (click on "PDF format" to download) The form for 2015 is now available. It should be mailed to the address on the form. International students may email the form to HLSV@RICE.EDU - however, we do request you read the requirements under FAQ. Privacy and security with email are NOT guaranteed.
Important Information regarding the HDF
- The form must be completed and submitted by the due date.
- Undergraduate students - June 1st (December 1st for the Spring Semester)
- MBA - July 1st
- Graduate students - July 1st (December 1st for the Spring Semester)
- A properly completed Health Data form is required for registration for classes.
- All new students (including transfers), and students returning from a leave of absence, must provide documentation of meningococcal vaccination. This Texas state law applies to all students under the age of 22 years of age regardless of classification (e.g., part-time, full time). A student who is delinquent in this requirement will not be permitted to move on-campus, register, or attend classes. More information on the law (including exemptions to immunization requirements) can be found at the Texas Department of State Health Services website . A second meningococcal immunization is now recommended if the first was done before age 16 years (CDC Jan 2011).
- The HDF cannot be completed by Student Health at Rice.
- The physical exam must be within 1 year prior to the first day of classes, and must be recorded on the Rice Student Health Data Form (HDF)
- Student Health cannot provide immunizations for entering students.
- Undergraduate students are notified by Dean of Undergraduates Office regarding the HDF (and other forms and deadlines required by the university). For graduate students the HDF is either mailed by the department, or the department notifies the student about the health data form, how it may be downloaded, and the deadline for submission.
- Double check that all of the required elements (immunizations and physical exam sections) are PROPERLY completed and signed by your health care provider.
- If there is a delay in your submission of the Health Data Form please do not become upset with the staff at Student Health. It is your responsibility to make sure the HDF is completed properly and submitted in a timely fashion.
- TIP: It is generally a good idea to make a copy of the HDF (in case it gets lost in the mail).
Please see the FAQ section for answers to common HDF questions.
If the student will be less than 18 years of age as of the first day of Orientation Week then please download and fill out an underage consent form .